The Raven Lord
Tieflings are humans with demonic, devilish, or other evil outsider blood in their ancestry. Often persecuted for their strange appearance and unnatural mannerisms, most tieflings disguise their nature or are forced to live on the fringes or underbelly of civilized society. Though they are not born evil, it is an easy path for them to find, especially as most suffer at the hands of “normal” folks while growing up. Tieflings look mostly human except for some physical traits that reveal their strange heritage.
Tieflings have the following racial traits:
• +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, –2 Wisdom: Tieflings are quick in body, overwhelming in personality, but make rash decisions and are poor conduits to the divine.
• Medium Creature
• Darkvision: darkvision (60 feet.)
• Tricky Devil: +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Stealth checks.
• Darkness Within: darkness 1/day (caster level equals the tiefling’s class level.)
• Demonic Resistance: acid and fire resistance 5.
• Planetouched: A Tiefling’s creature type is Outsiders (Native). Their origins are from beyond this plane, and they cannot be affected by spells targeting ‘humanoids’.
• Evil blood: A Tiefling always counts as ‘Evil’ for all spell effects regardless of his actual alignment. He may never take levels in the Paladin class (Antipaladin is fine) and can never become a cleric to a Good aligned Deity.
• Languages: Tieflings begin play speaking Common and Infernal.